We are looking for dynamic, tech-savvy individuals to operate webcasting services for enterprise-level customers. Either in an all-digital computer-based work environment or in a more traditional audio-visual hardware-based setup, you will be tasked with running live professional grade webcasts.
**We adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and provide real time support as per our Service Level Agreements (SLA) for our customers.
Webcasting Operator – by Contract*
- Working with computers – Windows and Mac. Using several Microsoft office tools (Teams, Sharepoint, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Operating audio equipment: audio mixers, microphones, USB interfaces, telephone interfaces (eg. Midas, Focusrite, Telos)
- Operating video equipment: video mixers, video-conferencing codecs (eg. Roland, Cisco, Polycom)
- Configuring streaming encoders and software applications (eg. Flash media live encoder, vMix, Companion)
- Supporting clients through the process and viewers (quick answers to simple issues) in real time via support ticketing application (eg. Zendesk)
*Terms to be discussed
To be qualified for this role, you should have experience related to Audio Visual live events production, Broadcast or Studio production (video editing, sound recording or video montage) or even a digitally relevant field, like IT, Computer Science, or Software Engineering. (Microsoft, Cisco, or similar certification is a plus.)
If you enjoy assisting people, if you like solving complex problems and if you can grasp and easily explain technical details, well then, we would like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be a Digicast representative our customers will deal with daily – you will be the frontline to our services. They will depend on you to provide a webcast experience only Digicast can provide.
- Proven work experience in any of the following, audiovisual field, video production, recording studio, technicalSupport, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role.
- Proficient with Windows/Linux/macOS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (eg. Zendesk)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal in English
**NO EXPERIENCE IN WEBCASTING, NOT TO WORRY – TRAINING WILL ALSO BE PROVIDED BY DIGICAST **
- Operate equipment to deliver our live webcasting services
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either by phone or chat, until they have solved their technical issue(s)
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (eg. software- developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensure all issues are properly logged through internal communication tools
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time in real time support
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals