Business events, whether they are conferences, conventions, or trade shows, play a pivotal role in the corporate realm. Yet, acknowledging the environmental impact of these events is crucial. The activities associated with event management bear a direct influence on the environment and communities. With this in mind, Digicast aims to assist you in curbing the ecological footprint of diverse event categories.
Our Sustainable Commitment
The desire to assist you in reducing the ecological footprint of your events began with a concern for our own business. Since the inception of Digicast, we have strived to blend growth, innovation, and sustainability in the most responsible manner possible. That is why we have had our social responsibility performance evaluated by EcoVadis and continuously work to enhance our performance indicators. We understand your concerns and challenges, as they reflect our own. We envision expansively and with ambition, for all our clients.
Reducing the environmental impact of your corporate events involves altering practices for three primary factors:
CO2 emissions from transportation
Energy and water consumption
1. Reducing CO2 Emission
Participant travel, whether by air, car, or train, constitutes a significant portion of an event's ecological footprint. According to a study conducted by the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA), CO2 emissions produced by participant travel account for an average of approximately 75% of a conference’s total carbon footprint. (Event facilities and services comprise the remaining 25%.)
By opting for a virtual eventor hybrid with Digicast, you inherently diminish the required travel. Not just once, but twice over! This impact is felt by attendees as well as organizers, hosts, speakers, service staff, stage technicians... the list is extensive. Digicast's expertise enables you to eliminate the need for travel for all individuals involved in the event, without compromising on quality.
2. Streamlining Equipment Usage
The digital world is now integrated in our lives, often leading to overlooking or underestimating its ecological footprint. However, a recent study revealed that in 2020, digital pollution accounted for 4% of global CO2 emissions. This is largely attributed to the increase of digital tools and their inefficient utilization.
Why should companies collect an array of equipment for their events or webcasts? They may only be used a few times a year! Not only is usage minimal, but technologies, programs, and capture and broadcast tools quickly become obsolete despite significant initial costs. All of this without factoring in the need to hire skilled personnel to operate them effectively.
This is precisely why we have optimized our facilities. Lighting systems, cameras, microphones, monitors, teleprompters... The finest equipment is at your disposal, both in-studio and remotely. Our operational center has been designed to cater to the evolving needs of each of our clients, easily and over the long term.
Digicast ensures sensible choices in terms of sustainable development. Our team opts for practical solutions in this regard, utilizing LED lighting solutions, intelligent and electricity management systems, and implementing digital documentation strategies that minimize paper consumption.
3. Restricting Energy and Water Consumption
The consumption of energy and water represents the second most concerning aspect of the ecological impact of corporate events. During these gatherings, the utilized facilities (convention centers, hotels, exhibition halls, etc.) require a substantial amount of energy and water to support activities and the comfort of attendees. This can have negative implications for local resources.
Opting for online event management platforms (like icastEvent) allows you to maintain real-time interactions and facilitate presentations, workshops, and discussions while reducing the energy and water usage associated with physical installations. You achieve the same level of participant engagement without overburdening local infrastructure.
In Short, It's a Team Effort!
By combining our event expertise with your commitment to reducing your corporate ecological footprint, remarkable achievements are possible! We have already accomplished this with numerous clients across diverse sectors, including pharmaceuticals, IT, banking, and finance.
Environmental standards evolve as rapidly as the expectations of an increasingly aware population. For both you and us, this is an ongoing improvement process built on identifying challenges, exploring solutions , and implementing mitigation strategies that translate into numerous economic, social, and environmental benefits. It is not always easy, but we cannot deny our responsibilities and our role to play as a company.